Most cards come with an expiration date and Direct Express Card is no exceptions to this.
So if your Direct Express card has expired, you do not need worry.
First of all, there’s a 60-day window prior to the actual date of expiration (a.k.a. valid thru date) where you will receive a new USDirectExpress card, with a new expiration date.
Your responsibility is to provide Direct Express with your most recent mailing address.
Here is the US Direct Express number information to contact:
- Direct Express Customer Service: 1-888-741-1115
- Hearing Impaired: 1-866-569-0447
- Direct Express phone number International: 1-765-778-6290 (Collect)
They are available 24*7 and you can reach out to them and find out:
- If they have mailed out a new US Direct Express
- If they have a new USDirectExpress address for you on record.
- What needs to be done if your existing USDirectExpress card has expired and the new Express card has not arrived yet.
The government has stopped paying social security benefits through checks; therefore, US Direct Express will not issue you a check in the event you do not receive a new USDirectExpress card.
The social security benefits can only come directly to your bank account or the direct express card. Watch this video to learn more about this. Refer to the ultimate guide for more information about USDirectExpress.